Monday, July 28, 2008

CAMPLOR: Librarian, Baker, Do-er of Social Work...Maker of Television?

In eleven hours, I will officially be an employee of the Television Industry.

Yay California.

In order to keep me busy and to bring in a little extra cashola, T arranged for me to work temporarily as a production assistant for Extreme Makeover Home Edition. From what he's told me, I'll pretty much be there in case somebody needs an errand run. Like putting things into storage, or making copies, or picking up diet coke.

Mmmm. Delicious ice-cold diet Coke.

I'm excited to have a chance to work in a completely new environment, even if it's just for a week or two.

What I most look forward to, is the chance to hang out with the parking lot guys, Juan, Carlos, and the third guy. I think guy number three might be named Tito, but I can't be sure, as I was distracted during introductions by his large forearm tatoo: LIVING TO DIE. I met these guys when I had to drop something off to Trevor at work.


Michelle : I'm just dropping something off to my husband. Trevor Campbell.

Tito : Tall guy, brown hair, drives the blue Subaru?

Michelle : Thats him.


Tito : Juan! Carlos! This is the wife of Peppino!


Michelle : Peppino?


Tito : Peppino. We call him Cucumber.


Michelle : Cucumber?


Juan : Yeah, Carlos says he looks like a cucumber.


Michelle : Oh, like Larry from Veggie Tales?


Juan/Carlos/Tito : YEAH!!! Peppino!


By the time I had completed my errand, we were all great friends. I am definitely bringing them waffle brownies.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, I've never had my husband compared to a vegetable. You are having all sorts of unique experiences there in California.

Christy said...

Did you survive the earthquake today?

So tell me...what does Trevor do? For work. That sounds so exciting!